Do you need to register for VAT outside of the UK?

with No Comments

If you supply goods or services to businesses outside of the UK you need to consider carefully your UK VAT position.  We have a factsheet VAT on International Transactions and would be happy to have a further discussion on this (contact us here).

But having sorted out the UK situation, that is not the end of the matter.  As HMRC state “If you belong in the UK and your customer is in another EU country, you may need to register in that country. You will need to contact the foreign tax authority in that country for advice”.


As with all of our tax tips and web pages this information is necessarily summarised and of a general nature.  If you would like detailed specific advice please contact us.