HMRC have implemented an online personal account that is available to everyone with a National Insurance Number even if you do not submit a personal tax return. This account enables you to check details on the following areas:
- Check your Income Tax estimate and tax code
- Fill in, send and view a personal tax return
- Claim a tax refund
- Check and manage your tax credits
- Check your State Pension
- Track tax forms that you’ve submitted online
- Check or update your Marriage Allowance
- Tell HMRC about a change of address
- Check or update benefits you get from work, e.g. company car details and medical insurance
You can access or sign up for this service here.
As with all of our tax tips and web pages this information is necessarily summarised and of a general nature. If you would like detailed specific advice please contact us.