Many of your customers will face similar business challenges, so develop a helpsheet system. Here’s how it works:
- Write a one-page list of helpsheets covering topics which are of interest to customers
- While a customer is waiting to see you, have your receptionist hand him/her a clipboard with a list of the helpsheets and a request to “please check off the ones you’d like and I’ll print them out for you”
- The receptionist then puts together a promotional pack, including the selected helpsheets, and brings it to you. You can then give it to your customer – this should lead to a broader conversation and additional opportunities
- Also, provide your customers with the facility to request your helpsheets online and encourage them to use this option
Here is a suggested list of helpsheets for a solicitor’s office:
- Is your will up to date?
- Do you have a living trust?
- Does your business have a buy-sell agreement?
- Forms of doing business – pros and cons
- Do you need an estate plan?
- Education plans for children and grandchildren
- What’s your business exit strategy?
- Minimising and managing risk
- Asset protection opportunities