The Auto Enrolment staging dates for many businesses is approaching. Below summarises the key points you should be aware of.
- Your staging date is when the Automatic Enrolment duties come into force for your business.
- You’ll need to identify what your duties are for each member of staff on your staging date or at the end of postponement. You’ll need to have the correct software in place to help you correctly identify your duties.
- If you’re postponing Automatic Enrolment, the postponement period starts from your staging date.
- You’ll have six weeks from your staging date or the day after postponement ends to enrol all staff who are eligible and make them active members of your pension scheme.
- You’ll have six weeks from your staging date during which you must write to all staff telling them about their rights and what Automatic Enrolment means for them, or that you’ve postponed Automatic Enrolment for them.
- You’ll have five months from your staging date to complete your declaration and submit it to us, to tell us how you’ve complied.
Please visit The Pensions Regulator website here for further details.