Computer-based tutorials are now being offered to landlords by HMRC to help them understand the tax they are required to pay on their property.
Taking on a modular structure, the course covers the following topic areas:-
- when and how property letting begins
- types of property income and the associated tax (e.g. furnished, unfurnished, rent-a-room, holiday lets)
- treating income and expenditure
- taxes on disposal of property
- PAYE and VAT
- tax return filing and payment dates
Green Accountancy are also more than happy to help landlords. If you have any queries regarding the above then do not hesitate to get in touch.