“WOW” service can be observed when a customer doesn’t just say “thank you”, but “you were fantastic!”
Good service isn’t enough anymore – you need to “WOW” your customers.
For example, if you don’t have a particular product in stock, offer to find it, get it and deliver it, even if you have to buy it from a competitor! This type of “WOW” service wins customers for life. If you track the lifetime value of a good customer, you will find that this kind of extra effort almost always pays off.
Develop a “WOW” process for your company.
Here’s an example from a professional services firm:
- Each new (prospective) customer is sent directions to the office
- An assistant calls to confirm the time and location of the meeting and to find out what the customer likes to drink (during office hours!)
- A space is assigned in the car park and a sign says “Reserved for Mandy Maxwell”
- When Mandy Maxwell arrives, the receptionist stands up and greets her warmly
- The receptionist already knows what Mandy likes to drink, so doesn’t need to ask
What would it take for your customers and prospects to say “WOW”?