A time may come when your company wishes to cease trading. When closing a company the following process will happen:
- Inform any outstanding creditors, members and employees that the company is proposing to be struck off.
- Close the company bank accounts ensuring that they are empty. Once the company has been closed any company bank accounts which are still open will be frozen and you will not be able to gain access to any funds in them.
- Send the striking off application to Companies House along with a cheque for £10. Green Accountancy will prepare this application for you and send it to the directors for their signatures. We will then file it with Companies House for your company.
- Companies House will publish notice of the proposed striking off in the Gazette.
- Assuming that no objections arise, the company will then be struck off.
Green Accountancy will support and guide your company through this process.